Graham Lewis

By Jennifer Holshoe
April 8, 2020

Graham Lewis ∙ March 11, 2020 ∙ 12:23am ∙ 8lbs 9oz

The day before Graham was born I had woken up around 2am. I felt like I was never going to go into labor and just wanted to meet our baby. Around 5:30am I woke up again to use the bathroom and was having very mild contractions! My daughter and I went about our day and we both snuck in an afternoon nap. By the time we woke up from the nap contractions were a bit more intense, but still not horrible.

Around 7:30 pm I texted Jen to update her on things and give her a heads up. At this point I was thinking we would make it through the night and I would update her in the morning. I then went to bed to try and get some rest. By 8:30 pm my contractions had gotten stronger but were still inconsistent. Now I had to decide what to do with our daughter. I wasn’t ready to send her away, but knew I needed her to go to my mom’s so I could work through the contractions. Finally I hugged my first baby as she left with my mom for her first night away from me. By 9pm I started actually timing my contractions. They were lasting a minute and were seven minutes apart by this time. After an hour and half of timing them they were getting close together, but weren’t really staying consistent. The app I was using kept telling me it was time to go to the hospital. I kept passing it off thinking there was no way my labor was moving that fast.

During this time my husband was in contact with Jen updating her. Around 11:50 pm the pain was getting too much and it didn’t feel like I could catch a break in between contractions so I told my husband I needed Jen there. At this point I also felt like my body wanted to push. Jen arrived around midnight and calmly came into our room where I was and helped me through my contractions. At this point the birth tub was being filled, I wanted to give it a try since with my daughter I didn’t care for it. I wanted to give it another shot though. My water broke and Jen asked if I wanted to get in the tub, I said yes, but I couldn’t motivate myself to get up and walk from our bedroom to living room where the tub was.

Finally I was up and headed to the tub! When I got in I couldn’t get comfortable and mentioned this to Jen. However, little did I know, we would soon welcome our son earth side. At this point Jen said to reach down and feel the baby’s head. I couldn’t believe it! At that moment I got a burst of energy and don’t even remember feeling the contractions at this point. We hadn’t found out the gender so I was ready to meet this baby. At 12:23am I had my baby in my arms.

I loved my birth with my son. It was peaceful and happened so fast. I’m so happy we found the Jen’s!

Recent Posts